Education & Key expertise areas
- Over 25 years versatile background of finance & accounting and business controller/CFO functions but also project manager experience in ERP implementation projects on different platforms.
- Experience from listed Finnish companies, listed international companies and small/ medium cap Finnish companies from different business areas.
- Experience from companies making excellent profit but also from companies in challenging liquidity situations.
- Experience in finance and ERP development and implementation projects (in Oracle, SAP and MS Navision surroundings). Experience in strategy and business development, budgeting and forecasting, business model change management, organization up and downsizing and in restructuring. Merger experience.
- Experience in reporting challenging matrix and line organizations, in international surroundings.
- Experience in organizing debt/ bond financing and outsourcing of finance & accounting function.
- Have been member in management teams and supported general managers, board of directors and other organization with financial and related IT matters during the several last years.
- Master of Sciences in Economics, Helsinki School of Economics 1993, Finance and Accounting, Tax Laws
- Matriculation Examination, Jyväskylän Lyseo 1986
- Program/Project Management in general
- Change management
- Process development
- Software development
- Business development
- Strategy management
- Manufacturing; building materials, printing, waste oil refining & recycling
- Software & hardware business
- Professional services
- Project and service business
Business Controlling and CFO experience
- External & Internal accounting (customer, brand, product, area, cost and profit center etc), reporting with IFRS standards
- Budgeting, forecasting, managing company strategy processes
- Building whole Finance & Accounting and IT functions/ departments from scratch to listed Finnish companies foreign subsidiaries
- Reporting in line and in matrix in complex international surroundings, reporting from Finnish subsidiaries to foreign HQs (to France, Belgium, Sweden, Russia and United States)
- Supervising finance and IT departments of max 10 persons
- Deep knowledge in accounting and reporting in manufacturing environment, product level profitability calculation methods, IFRS inventory valuation methods/ options
- Improving company liquidity and working capital; minimizing receivables and stocks, deployment of factorings and leasings, building liquidity reporting from scratch.
- Cash flow history and forecast reporting, participation to tax planning
- Merger experience
- Financing experience; Green Bond financing project; included IFRS conversions from FAS
- Outsourcing F & A functions , insourcing (from external service provider) F & A functions, recruiting chief accountants
Project Manager experience
- Deployments of Oracle Financial to international company’s Finnish subsidiary. Part of bigger pan European implementation project, project reporting to project core team in Brussels
- Deployment of Profix wholesale ERP
- Deployment of SAP ERP (inc. FICO and BW) to hardware & software business and to construction material manufacturing and delivery business. Developing inventory valuation model to label / printing business and to waste oil refining business (IFRS).
- Deployment of widely tailored Navision ERP to Finland and to Sweden to project and customer service business.
- Deployment of MS power BI to printing & label manufacturing business and to waste oil refinery and recycling business